Crittenton Foster Care believes in the kids we serve. We believe that they can achieve their goals and overcome their obstacles. Part of our responsibility is to encourage and empower them to believe they are capable. Crittenton Foster Care serves children ages 0 to 17; however, most of our youth are ages 9 to 17 years of age. Many of these youth have been removed from their homes due to dependent neglect abuse or abandonment. Some of our youth have been away from their birth families for many years while others have only recently been removed from their birth families. Our children may face challenges educationally, behaviorally, emotionally, or legally which can be addressed through a stable and loving home. Ultimately, the kids we serve are full of possibilities. We believe their future is bright!
A foster parent must provide a safe, nurturing home with sufficient space for the child. Single, married, home owner or renter, young or ages, these facts do not determine if a person is able to foster a child.
The time to become an approved foster parent is different for each family. However, it is the same process for all prospective foster parents. The following must be completed prior to becoming an approved foster family:
- Attend information/orientation meeting
- Complete PATH training
- Complete all necessary paperwork
- Complete home study process
It is a good thing to bond and build a relationship with the child in your care. Yes, it may be difficult to let go fo a child that you have cared for. Take comfort in knowing that you have made a lifelong impact in their life. However, when children are unable to reunite with their birth families, and if the foster family chooses to, the Florence Crittenton Agency provides assistance and support in the adoption process. There is no fee for those services provided by the agency.
As a foster parent you are responsible for the care and wellbeing of the child or children that are in your care, as if they were your own child(ren). Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a safe and nurturing home
- Ensuring all medical/dental needs are met, to include an annual physical exam and dental visits every six months
- Ensuring the child is attending school and getting the necessary support
- Providing growth opportunities: Activities to aid in social, physical, and emotional development
- Cooperating/Collaborating with therapists, as recommended
- Attending and participating in monthly foster parent support group/training sessions
- Providing adequate, age appropriate structure, including positive discipline and supervision
No. The Florence Crittenton Agency provides Foster Parents with a set monthly reimbursement check that serves to meet the needs of the child.
We are thrilled that you have shown an interest in fostering youth with the Florence Crittenton Agency. The next thing you will need to do is fill out the "Potential Resource Family Information" form. Then you can mail, email, or fax the form at your earliest convenience. We will contact you about the next orientation meeting. During this informative orientation session, many of your questions will be answered. If you have any questions, please contact us: